Sunday, March 15, 2009

Basking in the glory

Well, Tom and I had our first date of 2009 last night. It was wonderful and much needed. We dropped Trevor off at church and went to Bonefish Grill for dinner. I ate way too much! I'm amazed at how strange it feels sometimes to be out without Trevor. And, I'm sorry to say that for a while we just stared at each other because we had no idea what to talk about! I guess that's how it is after you have kids. It seems like the only thing we talk about any more is Trevor (not that I mind talking about my sweet little pumpkin face, but Tom and I need to find our groove again I think).

Today I helped out at the ministry fair at church and then watched Trevor throw a huge tantrum when I came to pick him up from the nursery. He didn't want to leave and decided that the best way to handle that was to destroy the train set he didn't want to stop playing with. Almost three-year-old logic isn't quite straight line thinking.

After our nap, I went for a jog (only made it for 1.1 miles because of the stupid bradford pear trees in every yard from here to Texas). Then we all went for a walk together and we let our dog Molly pull Trevor on his tricycle. Trevor just squealed and laughed the entire way. Molly didn't think it was quite so funny.

Here's hoping for a fantastic week ahead!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! I love your post. Everyone told me Kenny and I would only talk about our kids after Kate is born. Guess we'll see about that. Hope you guys find your groove again. ;-)