Tom got the mattress home just before the storms hit last night. The storms -- that should have been my first clue as to what nightmares lie ahead. We ate dinner together and I started bath time, while Tom finished up the assembly of the bed rail. Trevor was wound up! He had to be removed from the tub for purposely splashing water all over the floor. Then he was so excited about his bed he couldn't make it through story time. Already frustrated, we told him goodnight, turned on his music and left the room.
I didn't even make it all the way down the hallway before he was out of bed and running giggling toward me. I took his hand and led him back into his room into bed and said, "It's bedtime pumpkin." Then down the hall I went... and so did he, over and over.
At first he thought it was funny. Tom and I remained calm and continued to take him back to his bed without a word. Then things really started to get ugly. He started throwing toys at us. No big deal. He's done that before. Then he found my camera that I had forgotten in his room and threw it straight up into the air. Regrettably, he got a spanking for that.
But, he wasn't done yet. He continued to throw everything that wasn't nailed down. So, we took everything that wasn't nailed down out of his room. The battle continued for nearly two hours, but sometime between 10:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. he finally went to sleep and stayed that way until about 6:30 this morning.
Tom and I won the first battle and are preparing for round two. Today I made a Stay In Bed Reward Chart. Maybe it will help. Wish us luck!
2 comments:
Oh, wow, Alex still gets out of his bed in the wee hours of the morning to crawl in bed with me to cuddle as he says, haha. Goodluck with the bed wars and so glad to see your blogging too! I'm so addicted to blogging.
Look how cute Trevor looks in his big boy bed! Here's hoping each night will only get easier for the transition!
Post a Comment