Monday, December 14, 2009
My First (and maybe last) 5K
Some of you know that since Tom and I met, I've secretly wanted to run a 5K. Well I finally did it. This October, I participated in the Race for the Cure. I didn't have much time to train, so I didn't run the whole way. I did finish it in the time I wanted, so I'd call it a success. It was freezing cold and way too crowded, but I'm glad I did it. Thankfully Tom pushed Trevor in the stroller for me so I could concentrate on making it to the finish line. I'm not sure that I'm cut out to be a runner. I don't mind the races, but I HATE the training. I just don't have the attention span to stay on the treadmill for 3 miles. It remains to be seen if I will ever run another one, but at least I can mark this off my list of things to try. Way to go me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment